I’m currently living in the Basque Country working part time as a language teacher and the rest of the time on various web programming projects, blogging, perfecting my Spanish, and learning Euskara (Basque), French, and Objective C.
Some things I’ve built
- A parser to make real-time election day HTML pages with charts for each contest.
- Heavily modified the Nivo Slider JQuery Plugin to include sprite-based photo previews and configurable pre-loading of photos.
- (Deprecated) A resizeable, draggable container written with the now deprecated Google Maps API V2 and Google’s My Maps and a configuration tool for the script.
- Configured the OC Register Google maps to work with the crime, restaurant, and traffic JSON feeds that powered the OCRegister.com Traffic Page and the community pages.
- A statistics page so reporters and editors could see how people used the maps they created.
Some things I’ve written
- Climbing Mt. Whitney in winter
- 100 cups of coffee
- Climbing Mt. San Gorgonio.
- Climbing Cathedral Peak.
Countries I’ve Visited
ulrich at mallocs.net